It's been a long time coming. We are finally taking a deep dive into the content team here at Atomi. They're going to go through their experiences during their final school years and give you a bit of expert knowledge for the subjects they are working on at the moment, so be sure to keep an eye out.
To start us off, let's meet Amira.
Current Role: Content Creator
Subject: Legal Studies
Bachelor of Advanced Studies/Arts USYD (Psychology)
- 97 in Legal Studies
- 97 in HSC English Advanced
- 96 in HSC English Extension 2
- International Mock Trial Fourth Place 2015
- German Consulate Prize for Excellence 2015
"It’s always a good day for a weather report." - Amira
Amira is all about balancing work and play. While the ATAR is important, year 12 is also the most exciting year of school and the only time you’ll share so many highs and lows with your closest friends. Amira likes to think herself as fun and outgoing but is also able to study really hard when it comes down to it and get stuff done. Her teachers often yelled at her for being distracting in class and leaving everything to the last minute (even if the marks were good). Her friends know her for being adventurous, fun and a little bit crazy at times. She loves languages and travelling and would probably be a wandering nomad in another life.
Top 3 tips for Legal Studies and year 11 and 12
- Work hard, play hard. Studying becomes a lot more manageable when you have something to look forward to at the end, also takes breaks!
- Plan, plan, plan! Using time effectively is critical when it comes to your senior years. Plan out your study and know your deadlines. Personally, I found holiday study timetables a super effective way to get on top of the content and start the school term ahead of the game.
- Know what’s important. For a subject like legal studies there’s heaps of content, but not everything is relevant and not everything is going to get you top marks. Learn that syllabus back to front and focus on what’s important!
What’s one thing people don’t realise about Legal Studies?
It’s super relevant to everyday life and way more interesting than law at uni.
What’s your best memory from year 12?
Celebrating the end of school with friends and going on exchange in France!
What was your low point during your year 12?
When I realised I would have to spend holidays studying 😢
Basically, if Amira had to sum herself up in one GIF it would be this: